Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

~Synopsis~
A New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling book. Archer's Voice is a full-length, standalone romance.

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

THIS IS A STANDALONE SIGN OF LOVE NOVEL, INSPIRED BY SAGITTARIUS. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.
~My Review~
«««««

I think I initially read about this book through Facebook.  It's the first (and so far - only) book that I've read by Mia Sheradon.  First, but definitely not the last.  I'll definitely be reading more from Mia Sheradon.  This book was amazing.  It's officially on the list of books that I want to reread, and I have a feeling that I'll be reading it a number of times over and over again.  This book was heartwarming and a true story of the healing powers of love.

This book truly grabbed me from the first page and I had a hard time putting it down to do anything throughout the day but read.  I truly cared about both Bree and Archer, and I felt totally connected to them both.  The book is written primarily from Bree's point of view, but there are also chapters from Archer's point of view, and it really helps to get a great understanding of how he was feeling.

Bree and Archer were both amazing characters.  Bree suffers from a traumatic event that she was involved in.  She is constantly on the run searching for peach in her life.    She is an amazing person - good, genuine, and sweet.  When she first gets to town, she bumps into Archer, a man who lives a life of silence and isolation.  Archer is a mystery to everyone.  He's seriously  misunderstood and broken, yet sweet, shy, and protective.  Both Bree and Archer have suffered so much trauma in their lives, and soon realize that the other person is the key to peace and happiness.  They are both such complex characters, but are developed so well.

Bree is quickly consumed with thoughts of Archer.  I loved seeing how their relationship grew.  There was no instal-love, which I absolutely loved.  They started as friends, but their connection was too strong to ignore.  When they did come together - their chemistry was H.O.T!!  Their connection and interactions, how Bree taught Archer about everything that he's missed throughout his years of isolation, were just amazing.  I was so sucked into their story, I laughed and cried, and felt everything that they were feeling.  One of the things that I absolutely loved about this story was not only how they both healed each other, but also how they learned how to help themselves.  It was such a beautiful and emotional story, and I loved absolutely every minute of it.

There is amazing conflict and resolution.  There is so much that happens between Bree and Archer.  So much needs to happen to allow Archer to help Bree find her peace, and for Bree to help Archer find his voice, his place, and confidence in himself.  I loved the way everything worked out (the buildup to the end was amazing and I honestly couldn't turn the pages fast enough) and I was so happy with the lack of unnecessary drama.  I truly believe that Archer might just be one of my favorite book boyfriends to date!

I highly recommend this book, and hope you all enjoy it.  While Archer's Voice is a standalone novel, it is a part of the Sign of Love Series.  I haven't started any of those books yet, but I'll definitely be putting them on my to-read list!!!

Link to Goodreads
Link to book on Kindle
Link to book on Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment